At Climate king Heating and Cooling your health and well-being are our most important priority. As concerns of the coronavirus have spread across the country, we are taking extra precautions to ensure we maintain safe and healthy environments for both you and our employees.
List precautions we are taking, such as:
- Techs wear safety glasses and masks
- Techs wear rubber gloves that get thrown out at the end of every service call
- All techs have a hand washing station on their trucks, washing their hands at the end
- Spaying our trucks and tools down with bleach and water on every call
- Calling ahead to confirm that you and others in your home are well
- Requiring employees who are sick to stay home
- Frequently washing our hands
- Daily safety briefings on CDC guidelines
- Maintaining recommended 6 feet distances from others
- Customer asked to not be in the same location we are working in
- Avoiding handshakes – even though we’re glad to see you
- Paperless billing, having no contact will customer
If you schedule service and you or a close contact have been diagnosed with the coronavirus or are currently quarantined, it’s important to let us know before we arrive.
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
If you have any questions about our services or any other matter, please don’t hesitate to call us at 716-572-8286.
Limit the spread of germs and prevent infection
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends the following precautionary measures and guidelines to keep you healthy and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Keep away from others who are sick
- Avoid touching surfaces in public places
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, etc.
- Clean and disinfect household objects and surfaces in your home
- Avoid all non-essential travel
According to the CDC, if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider immediately. Your healthcare professional will work with your state’s public health department and the CDC to determine if you need to be tested for COVID-19. If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you please take steps to safeguard others and remain at home.
Thank you for being a valued customer!